The Underground King
Based in Berlin, Germany
Press / Business contact:
The Underground King is an upcoming narrative - racing - manager RPG for PC, MAC, Linux and AirConsole where you recruit the city's low-lives, assemble junkyard cars and have them compete in street racing events for profit and infamy! Follow the narrative into uncovering your past and prepare for the chaotic scene of the underground street racing.
Alex Nechita & Alex Nae met on the internet at a crossroad of both their lives. Alex Nechita was working in the game industry as a game dev but his spirit wanted to be free from the corporate machine. Alex Nae went through another programmer who abandoned him after working for months at another iteration of his game. He met Nechita via a Facebook group and they imediately clicked. With similar interests in media and games, they hit it off immediately. It was then, that a beautiful friendship began to blossom.After that
Alex Nechita then decided to quit the corporate life and join Alex Nae. The latter also was convinced to give it another shot. The original incarnation of was a mobile game. But seeing the potential for something greater, the guys reworked the game mechanics while staying true to the spirit of the game.Now and next
The Alexes are have launched a campaign! You can check it out here:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1026847873/the-underground-king-rpg-narrative-strategy-racing
Official Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for The Underground King, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Last game submitted on Steam Greenling" - Steam Greenlight, 6 June, 2017
- "Project we love" - Kickstarter, 6 June, 2017
- "Interesting art style, very nice hand-drawn artwork [...] The Final game to be submitted to Steam Greenlight and what a nice story that it's actually a good one worthy of entry into Greenlight."
- Jim Sterling, Youtube
- "The final game to be submitted, thought? It looks pretty neat."
- Nathan Grayson, Kotaku
- "As well as cheery 2D visuals and multiple types of race across diverse locations, The Underground King also features procedurally generated content, random events and a rich game world with an interesting backstory to discover."
- Calum Fraser, Alpha Beta Gamer
We are the last game on Steam Greenlight!