The Underground King
Based in Berlin, Germany
Press / Business contact:
The Underground King is a RACING ROGUE-LITE set on a mysterious island where racing is the bread-and-butter of life. Lead your carefully handcrafted teams in chaotic racing events for glory and fortune. Drive, Defeat, Loot, Repeat! The 3 main target platforms are PC, Mac, and Linux. Drive, Defeat, Loot, Repeat!
Hi! We are Alex Nechita and Alex Nae, the founding members of Two-Eyed Cyclops Games and creators of The Underground King.Early history
This unexpected adventure began back in 2016 at a crossroads in both our lives. Alex Nechita was working in the game industry as a game dev but his spirit wanted to be free from the corporate machine. Alex Nae went through another programmer who abandoned him after months of work at another indie title. They met on a development Facebook group and thanks to similar interests in media and games, they hit it off immediately. It was then, that a beautiful friendship began to blossom. Soon after Alex Nechita chose to quit the corporate life and Alex Nae to try his luck yet another time, a "3 month project" was born: The Underground King!JULY 2020
One last approval from Steam and The Underground King is ready for Early Access.
"It feels like seeing your 36-year-old kid moving out of your basement." - Alex Nae
"I am the physical embodiment of a lack of sleep." - Alex Nechita
Official Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for The Underground King, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Last game submitted on Steam Greenling" - Steam Greenlight, 6 June, 2017
- "Project we love" - Kickstarter, 6 June, 2017
- "Interesting art style, very nice hand-drawn artwork [...] The Final game to be submitted to Steam Greenlight and what a nice story that it's actually a good one worthy of entry into Greenlight."
- Jim Sterling, Youtube
- "The final game to be submitted, thought? It looks pretty neat."
- Nathan Grayson, Kotaku
- "As well as cheery 2D visuals and multiple types of race across diverse locations, The Underground King also features procedurally generated content, random events and a rich game world with an interesting backstory to discover."
- Calum Fraser, Alpha Beta Gamer